hallo and bye-bye: BIG CHANGES

17 December 2012

Hallo friends :D
  Some major changes going on around here! Read below to find out more :)

Blog Design

The most obvious change you can tell right away is my blog design. It's only temporary, as I'm having my blog re-designed (custom!). I hope to maintain a clean, minimalistic appearance that's easy to read AND navigate and such. My previous design looked too website-ish and out of touch, no matter how much I liked it.

New Features Coming Up

I have some ideas for some new features I'd like to have on here later this month into 2013. I need your help on choosing what I should do!

  • Inspired by The Inky Melody: I'd like to do some historical tid-bit posts along with some literary quotes that I enjoy
  • I will continue with the Topic Posts
  • a "Blogging 101" or "Blogger Advice" page where I answer some questions about blogging and provide some of my experience as a blogger (4 years counts as experienced, right?)
  • Some "Blogging Tips" where I post some help on blogging beauty, like blog buttons, drop down nav-bars, headers and all that.
  • Social Media Icons! I'll only have a couple, since I'm not into social media that much. One to my e-mail, and one to my tumblr will probably be all I have (maybe Pinterest?) I was thinking also a "Subscribe" one, since I've always gotten rid of any form to subscribe (I don't really know what Feedburner is, help?)

Focus Shifting

All right, this is where the major change is coming in for the main theme of Pages. I've been talking a long time about my dis-like of many YA books...Pages will STILL be a YA book blog! I will still definitely review YA here, but it'll also have more historical fiction (like Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok) and literary fiction. 

I'm making Pages a resource for readers and bloggers. I'm going to go back to my roots, of why I started blogging: for the books. By this I mean that I will now have:
  • a page with an organised list of linked reviews categorised by genre (on top of my normal archive page with reviews organised by titles)
  • I will go back to all my posts and add tags so you can navigate more easily (I rarely use tags, but I realise now that I should have started a while ago) Plus for this, I'll create new tabs on the sidebar to make it more attractive :D So you'll see tabs on the sidebar that will say "Book Topics" or "Literary Quotes" (maybe)
This will most likely all happen over break when I have the time to go through every one of my nearly 600 posts and edit them to work. 

Do You Not Like Them (the changes?)

I've lost quite a bit of followers, so if you don't like how my focus is shifting from primarily YA to semi-YA, then you can feel free to follow the others in their decision to un-follow. I love you all very much and really appreciate you, but if you don't feel like staying, I can't stop you >_< 

8 thoughts:

  1. These sound like really great ideas! I look forward to reading your posts and the insights you have on blogging. And also seeing your new redesigned blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirthi, you are one of my favorites. I am not going anywhere. Cant wait to see your new completed look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posting is very greet.
    Directory listing online had been a very popular search tool.
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the changes! I've been in the process of shifting the focus of my blog as well. I love YA, but I need to vary the types of books I'm reading. Just reading YA books doesn't cut it for me anymore; I feel like I'm missing out on so many other good books!

    - Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is good to hear about the changes. Change is always good :)
    I'm glad you are reviewing more than YA! you know I read all genres x)

    Wish you a great week!

    BTW! about a non-fiction, maybe you can start with someone's diary, I love Anne Frank's diary! I think that the name in English is "The Diary of a Young Girl"
    You should read it sometime :)

    Best, Ruty @Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.
    Septorinoplasti

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Kirthi, thanks for your nice post on my blog. I found a template I really like on blogger candy, but I was wondering do you know what it means when it says back up your widget data?

    www.rachelrmrblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even when I loved your other layout, I can't wait to see the new one! And you should review whatever you want :) It's your blog and you need to read books that you enjoy! Go ahead, I'm looking forward to see what you will review :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger