feature and follow #9: THE SHAD---I know, I know

27 December 2012

Hallo!
  Most of you viewing this must be old followers anyway, but I should reiterate for the new followers.


Here on Pages, I kind of tweaked the rules of Feature and Follow to fit my morals about blogging. Here are the "tweaked" rules :D


  • If I followed you, you are NOT required to follow me back: only if you want to :)
  • If you follow me, I'll seriously consider following you back, but it's not guaranteed


I don't like how people are required to follow other blogs in this hop. I think one should follow a blog because he or she likes it, not because he/she feels obliged because the other blog owner/writer followed him or her's blog. You know? (Being grammatically correct is a bit wordy). Life's a bit too busy to read blogs that doesn't fit one's taste.


I'm quite excited for today's question

WHAT BOOK DO YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ? IF YOU COULD GIFT THE ENTIRE POPULATION WITH ONE BOOK?


Hem. In the past, I would have said The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. But now, the answer that popped right in my mind at this question was the most obvious. 

The Shadow of the Wind (El cementerio de los libros olvidados #1)
by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Lucia Graves (Translation)

Barcelona, 1945: A city slowly heals in the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War, and Daniel, an antiquarian book dealer’s son who mourns the loss of his mother, finds solace in a mysterious book entitled The Shadow of the Wind, by one Julián Carax. But when he sets out to find the author’s other works, he makes a shocking discovery: someone has been systematically destroying every copy of every book Carax has written. In fact, Daniel may have the last of Carax’s books in existence. Soon Daniel’s seemingly innocent quest opens a door into one of Barcelona’s darkest secrets--an epic story of murder, madness, and doomed love.

my reviews (accidentally wrote two of them, believing that I hadn't already written one!)


This book is like....I can't even describe it. I kind of mourn over how beautiful a book it is on my writing blog, specifically this post, because it's just such a perfect book. The Shadow of the Wind is as good as gold, my friends: definitely a treasure worth adding to your collection!

Like always, please leave a comment below and I'll visit your blog :) An internet user's (bloggers/youtuber/facebooker)'s favourite thing to get is comments, hehe.

7 thoughts:

  1. Great choice, its going on my TBR list.

    Old GFC follower.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have this one, and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Will have to break it out. Here is my FF. New Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book yet, but I will add it to my TBR list ASAP!

    I'm following you via GFC. You can find my FF post here.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book before, but I have had it in my hands a couple of times. Perhaps I should hunt for that copy after all!

    Old follower of course ;)
    F&F from Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is definitely a good choice. It's a lovely book.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/12/follow-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will have to check this out.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read Carlos Ruiz Zafon - I'll have to check him out in 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger