feature and follow #7

02 August 2012

Hello readers new and old!
  Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it! A little brush up on my tweaked rules:
  • If I followed you, you are NOT required to follow me back: only if you want to :)
  • If you follow me, I'll seriously consider following you back, but it's not guaranteed
  •   
I don't like how people are required to follow other blogs in this hop. I think people should follow a blog because he or she likes it, not because they feel obliged because the blog owner/writer followed him or her. You know?

Now: on to the question!






Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

My reading habits, changing on my mood...I'll eat chocolate if I'm feeling cozy. But I almost always read either Harry Potter, or Eragon when I eat chocolate. The only substantial habit I have while reading is to read without stopping, for hours and hours until I finish it (and if I'm interrupted, I'm in this sort of post-reading haze until I finish, haha) So I can't say that my habits change.

If I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll pull out an old book and read. But otherwise, no I don't read a certain genre really. My moods don't dictate what I read. I just read whatever sounds interesting, hehe. Of course, if I change genres abruptly, it's more of a profound change, like what's happened recently with my epiphany that historical fiction is what I truly enjoy.

I just realised. Habits occur over a long period of time, and moods are swift and fleeting and intermittent. The question doesn't make sense.

Anyway, enough of my ranting! What about you? :)


P.S. ALSO for you writers out there, stop by my writing blog "voyage" this upcoming Monday for a spectacular writing competition hosted by me along with Ashley at #booknerd.(and her writing blog, Inky Compositions, where it'll be posted too) There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd places with Amazon gift cards and  blog designs up for the winning!


13 thoughts:

  1. Hopping through. I love reading old favorites when I need a pick me up. Especially Harry Potter and Twilight.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pulling out an old favorite to read! I usually tell myself to just read a few chapters, but then I end up re-reading the whole thing!
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and a good book is always a great combo :). I pick up Harry Potter alot.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I occasionally re-read favourites but only when I'm in a real funk as I have so good books on my tbr pile.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old follower ^^ I pick up my good old HP a lot.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/hosted-by-alison-can-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to be in an specific mood to read some kinds of genres. HP forever!!

    I'm a new gfc follower. :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/ff-feature-and-follow-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answer! Just hopping through. I think you're right (write?) about the question, though. :D New follower via GFC. I'm at LKHill and Musings on Fantasia if you feel inclined to check out my FFs. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate is a good reading companion.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahahaha! Point to you for clarifying the contradiction in terms. ^.^

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes into a post-reading haze. After I finish a book I've rushed through because it's so good, I'm no use to anyone until the adrenaline from reading as worn off. :3

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    -Amelia
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter is one of my go-to books and I love Eragon too! I'm a new follower via GFC. You can find my FF at http://madhatterreads.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. new follower :)

    Great answer this week! I LOVE your blog design! Did you do it yourself?

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me I find my mood changes the genre that I want to read. I go through blocks where I only read one genre, then I randomly change to another one. But I don't find myself reading certain books because of the way I feel. Although I do find that the way I feel has an impact on how much I enjoy the book! So if I'm angry or sad I try and take a break from reading till I get over it :)

    New Follower via RSS!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harry Potter when you eat chocolate. That's interesting. Followed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger