Six Hundred Followers!

16 July 2012

Hi guys! I'm really excited to announce that I have achieved six hundred followers! That's an amazing achievement that I never thought I'd get, back when I had around two hundred followers. It seems like 600 is the magical number of followers that makes one a "high up" blogger. The number of followers shouldn't matter, as quality of content is the only thing that should, but nonetheless, it's an observation I've made.

I am old


As I was browsing through my Reading List, trying to find blogs I've loved and grew up blogging with, I realised that nearly all of them have just...stopped blogging. I did that once too, I might have stopped with them and a generation would have died: but I didn't. I feel like a survivor. I mean, I had great affiliates like Cate from Sparrow Review and Liz from Cleverly Inked:

Now they've both gone, and my only affiliate left is Precious from Fragments of Life. It's sad to not see them around any more. Jenn from Book Crazy has formally stopped blogging. Fortunately, not all of my old favourites have entirely left. Kate from the Neverending Bookshelf and Bookworming in the 21st Century (another one that I love) actually continued blogging together. Brizmus is still around on twitter and Teens Read and Write is still functioning after all these years.



What 600 Means To Me

I honestly don't know. I don't think 600 followers makes the quality of my blog better, so I'll just be posting the same as usual, just to a larger audience. Of course, it means I'll have to keep up with and connect with my readers though. Have surveys, ask what you all want to see and such. Ruling by the masses :D

600 also means something to me, as a person. That perseverance reaps benefits, and to never give up what I enjoy doing, because things will get better. Now, I don't really mind how many followers I get. I feel like my hunt to get more followers, that thirst, is over. I mean, 700 or 1000 would be nice, but I'm not going to stay up nights or days just devising tactics to get followers. The storm is over, and now it's just time to relax and blog. It's a great feeling!

Celebration?

I'm working on this 600 Follower Giveaway Event at the moment, asking authors and publishers to donate to the pot. I'm still working on all of this, so it may take a while to actually get out there. If you'd like to donate, I'd love for you to get in touch with me (raokiki6(at)gmail(dot)com) and we can discuss it :D

Thank you

Thank you so much, my readers, for sticking with me for four years, through ups and downs you've been there, and it's amazing. You may remember when I was at 8 followers, or 100, or 200 and so on, and I hope you're proud to have seen me come this far! It's all because of you readers, that this blog has been possible! I haven't forgotten you, my old friends, and I can't wait to get to know my new ones!

Some GIFs to describe this sentimental moment:


A big hug to each and every one of you!
is what I'm doing now



And last but not least:


10 thoughts:

  1. yay! congrats =D i'm glad you've stuck through it because i love to read all of your posts and get honest reviews on books that either i want to read or have just heard of and now really want to read. it's really admirable how you've kept through it! right now, that is my motivation to get through this !@#$%^& summer assignment! almost done and i promise i will call you! keep up the great blogging! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm relatively new at blogging, and 600 seems like such a major achievement! I love the look of your blog btw, and am really enjoying following it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is a big mile stone ^.^. And definitely shows your dedication to your blog. I have just hit 300 followers last week and will definitely remember this if I ever reach 600.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've stuck with it! It's sad to see all the bloggers who have stopped. I'm glad Kate and I joined forces so we could continue on and it's been more fun than ever with blogging. :)

    Such a lovely post! It feels great to see numbers going up and know that you have an audience out there listening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I hope to one day achieve that number. I am new to blogging and this page as well! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I hope one day I will have 600 followers! :) I only hit the 100 mark a few weeks back! :) I'm glad you've continued blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I always enjoy visiting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 600+ Followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! :)I hope to achieve that in time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger