feature and follow (7)

26 July 2012

Hello!
   I'll just sum up my "tweaked" rules:

  • You are not required to follow me, only if you like my blog!
  • You can leave a comment and I will seriously consider reading your blog if I like it
I believe in people following because they like/want to, and not to be forced because of a blog hop. Anyway!




What was your favourite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

photo credit: goodreads

I actually don't remember most of the books I was required to read. However, this year's summer reading included The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I made a completely amazing dialogue journal (split pages into two sides, write a passage on one side, and discuss it on the other) that I will take pictures of to show you all. It included making a table of context (since the book is missing one) and my own, painted cover of the book as well as a book cover for my notebook :)

Usually, people hate summer reading books. But I think they're chosen for a reason: they have depth. (well, as far as all my summer reading books have gone) and they really mean something. I'm always curious by required reading at school, because I know it's going to be either ridiculously amazing, or confusing. 

What about you?


P.S. Recently revealed my new writing blog (voyage: http://voyagedelapaix.blogspot.com/) I would love it if you could visit :) Thanks!

17 thoughts:

  1. I just got this from the library!!!!!! I can't believe it's taken me so dang long to get to this book, but I'm super psyched to read it! :)
    I've actually had some great summer reading books that I've really enjoyed--my current two to read for English are Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights. Haven't started yet... but I'll get to it!

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, I haven't heard of this one- seems interesting though! I'm a new follower!

    Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I heard good things on The Book Thief, been wanting to read it.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agh, another one I forgot to put on my list! Yes, The Book Thief was awesome. Excellent choice!

    New follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone I know that has read The Book Thief has loved it :) Somehow I've missed it but I do think it looks fabulous!
    The Brunette Librarian Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this has been neglected on my TBR list for a while! I really need to get to it! The dialogue journal you made sounds fun!
    Old follower! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! I haven't read this one yet! I'm a new follower! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have read The Book Thief but it is popular this week.

    My FF - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/feature-follow-friday-27th-july.html

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Book Thief too, didn't have to read it for school though.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the Book Thief pop up a lot today, I must read this book ASAP.
    New follower =)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read the Book Thief soon. I've heard so many great things about it!
    New Follower!
    Carson @ Reader with Voice
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is on my tbr list and I really need to read it!

    Just found your blog and now following :)

    SJ
    http://anonbookslut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just blogging by, enjoy! your week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard some seriously wonderful things about this one. I have yet to read it though but is definitely on my TBR list. :)
    Old follower - just stopping by!
    My Follow Friday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not read that one. I had a hard time remembering, as it was so long ago for me (yes i am old, lol)
    have a great day.
    FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,

    Hopping on through from the feature and follow!
    
Hosted BY Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
    New Buddy, Please…. Cyber stalk me back! 

    Thanks,

    http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com


    PS
    
My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) it was interesting ☺

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger