feature and follow (4) + Coldplay!

06 July 2012

Hello readers :D

 For those of you who are new, this is how I've "twisted" the FF rules:

I don't like Feature and Follow Friday's because it forces people to follow this blog, of whom are not really interested in my content, and are only interested in getting followers for their blogs. I know this isn't true for everyone, but it's an underlying concept. Therefore, I've changed it a bit to fit me. Why? Because a blog that doesn't grow is stale and boring. And as a blogger and person, I'm constantly craving meeting people and interacting.

SO If you're visiting (thank you so much!) here's what's happening:


If I followed you, you are NOT required to follow me back: only if you want to
If you follow me, I'll seriously consider following you back, but it's not guaranteed
I know it's part of the hop, that it's basic courtesy to follow you back, but...I'm not sure I can do it. I don't believe in following a blog that I don't think I'll enjoy, even though you're an awesome person. Gosh, I feel like I'm just ruining the fun of this hop. SORRY!

 

Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

This is a poor question to ask me, because I usually don't go out of my favourite genres, and I haven't done so lately. Fantasy fiction is something I've been slimming down on, but I do love The Inheritance Cycle (despite its similarities to Lord of the Rings) and Lord of the Rings. OH

I don't think I'd ever have liked or even decided to read Lord of the Rings if it hadn't been for my brother, who had taken control of the telly this one evening, where Lord of the Rings was on. I had watched snippets of it, of all three films, out of order. Eventually, i watched them in order and then read the books. Awesome :D

ALSO! I'd like to post pictures that my friends took at the Coldplay concert we attended on Monday!
"Is that a Jon Bon Jovi hat?" he asks, taking a hat from an audience member

The stadium :D The bracelets we wore lit up as part of the performance 
"I drew a line, I drew a line for you- all those people all the way in the back- and it was all yellow." I'd like to thank my friend, Nikki, for telling us to get back row tickets. Chris Martin was so appreciative of us. :D
It's pretty off topic, this Coldplay concert, but I'm so happy about it! They're doing their Mylo Xyloto tour :)

11 thoughts:

  1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my post and following me. I love the way you've tweaked the rules, I am following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you liked Lord of the Rings would you like High fantasy recommendations? If not here they are anyway :P. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder, The Seven Realms Series by Cinda Williams Chima, four books total the first book is called The Demon King, and The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy by Kristin Cashore, the first book is called Graceling. All great reads and all YA, not sure how much YA you read but there you go haha.

    Old Follower
    Sandy
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! I don't think you have to worry about followers, you have plenty LOL. And I thought the Inheritance cycle was way overrated, but I totally love LOTR.

    www.rachelrmrblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started the Inheritance Cycle but never finished it - I stopped half way through Brisingr... I suppose it just wasn't for me. I haven't checked out The Lord of The Rings either but I won a copy of The Hobbit by the same author so if I enjoy it then I might get the series!

    Thanks for following me!! I'm following you back!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the LOTR. I've only read one of the Inheritance series. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Returning the follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello :)
    First of all, I love both lord of the rings and coldplay so this post made me happy!

    secondly, I just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you in my liebster blog award post over at Inner-Aspen as your blog is one of my favorites to visit.

    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love the pictures and your answer! And I really really respect you for how you've "tweaked" the rules of FF a little bit, what you said was so true. I really like your blog and design, and have followed you.

    I'd be really grateful if you could visit my blog

    http://www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/

    sometime, but of course I wouldn't want you to follow unless you actually liked what you saw!

    Have a fab weekend!
    Jessica :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg!! You got to see Coldplay, SOO jealous!! & I love your blog design too!! Seriously cool.

    Thanks for following, following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous you got to see Coldplay!!! This makes me think of the time they were playing in London the last night I was there, and I chose not to go because I would have been flat broke afterwards, & I had wanted one last trek around the city. They are my favorite band in the world, and I have yet to see them live.

    You know, I feel the same way about Follow Fridays - I enjoy participating, answering questions & reading others' answers, but I feel you shouldn't be under obligation to follow someone. I also follow people if I like their content.

    Thank you for the follow! You have a great blog, so I've followed you back via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ** forgot to add that the decision not to see them has forever been a big regret. Who care's if I'd have been poor afterwards, it would've happened later on anyway.... *angst*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi:)
    It's great! Finally I found somebody who was on Coldplay this year:) I will go to their concert on Prague - If I win one competition - that I want to win:)

    And I wanna ask you:) What was it?:) How long they played:) And what songs they played:)
    I'm so looking forward !!!
    They will be here at 16th this month and I think I couldn't sleep:)
    Have a good time
    Honzina

    janulina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger