topic: paid to blog

02 June 2012

This is a concept that I don't really like, as in the Blogger sense, it means to post up adverts all over one's blog and get paid for them. Several times, I've been baited into getting interested about getting paid for blogging from several companies.
One time, this woman told me she'd pay around $40 to put an advert on my blog for a few months. And I didn't want some ugly button marring my blog for a set amount of time in which I can do nothing to get rid of it. This AdSense thing on blogger explains how to make money using this program:
Blogger provides a simple way for you to make money with your blog. AdSense is Google's content-targeted advertising program. If you use AdSense, you don't have to select keywords or categories for your ads. Instead, Google's servers determine what your posts are about and display the most relevant ads to your readers. For example, if you blog about baseball, you might see ads for “Major League Baseball memorabilia” next to your post. If you blog about painting, you might see ads for “Art Supplies.”
button found on my sidebar
I guess it's a good way to advertise, if you want to make money from it. I guess I'm old-fashioned in the sense that I believe that one should blog because one enjoys it, or genuinely respects writing and owning a blog. It's not something that should be used as a tool to earn money. Blogs by individuals are personal. Imagine having tattooed adverts all over your body!

What bothers me more if that some people start blogging purely for making money. No! That's not how it's supposed to be!

What do you all think? Do you have adverts on your blog and make money from it, and if so, why? Do you like them?

3 thoughts:

  1. I didn't know you could do that, but I agree with you. Blogging for money just seems off to me. I'd much rather do it for fun and creative expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, I never thought on putting adverts on my blog. I believe that a personal blog should be about you: your thought, the books, movies or whatever you like!
    But I don't mind people that have adverts on their blogs, it's their choice and it's their right!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I'm not a big fan of too many ads on blogs. I especially don't like ads if they are not about books (don't want to see ads for a shady looking dating website on a book blog). And I don't like ads on a book when the blogger just two weeks earlier said that it's a really bad book. Ads should fit to your blog and your book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger