feature and follow friday: with a twist

29 June 2012

I don't like Feature and Follow Friday's because it forces people to follow this blog, of whom are not really interested in my content, and are only interested in getting followers for their blogs. I know this isn't true for everyone, but it's an underlying concept. Therefore, I've changed it a bit to fit me. Why? Because a blog that doesn't grow is stale and boring. And as a blogger and person, I'm constantly craving meeting people and interacting.

SO If you're visiting (thank you so much!) here's what's happening:

  • If I followed you, you are NOT required to follow me back: only if you want to
  • If you follow me, I'll seriously consider following you back, but it's not guaranteed
I know it's part of the hop, that it's basic courtesy to follow you back, but...I'm not sure I can do it. I don't believe in following a blog that I don't think I'll enjoy, even though you're an awesome person. Gosh, I feel like I'm just ruining the fun of this hop. SORRY!


Birthday Wishes — Blow out the candles and imagine what character could pop out of your cake…who is it and what book are they from??

Puck. There are so many variations of Shakespeare's original, but apart from that one, I'd say Puck from Michael Buckley's The Sisters Grimm

puck as a walrus
 He's mischievous and fun, and can turn into anything. He could turn into a squirrel, hide inside the cake, and just when I blow out the candles he'll shoot up and wish me a happy birthday! We could do soo many things! Trampoline into space, draw food and make it turn real, make Puck turn into a massive eagle and fly around town yelling "TO MOUNT DOOM! HURRY!"


If you haven't read the books, which are mainly geared for middle grade readers, I think you should. It's a perfect mix between maturity and humour, and is absolutely thrilling to read! And thank you so much for stopping by! Drop a comment and I'll hop over to your blog :)


11 thoughts:

  1. I read your 'with a twist' thing, and I completely agree. I find it on a lot of social network sites, and I just think it isn't worth it; you're supposed to follow a blog because you like it, not because you want more followers.

    I love your choice by the way :D that sounds so awesome. In a way, he reminds me of that wild kid from The Wild Thornberry's?xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Puck from the Iron Fey, he was cool, and fun. :) Nice choice, (i don't read the older classics myself, they put me to sleep, i have tried, just can't do it, lol) here is my FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kirthi! Thanks so much for checking out my FF and following! I'm an old follower of yours. :)

    Great choice, by the way! I've been a fan of Puck since I read A Midsummer Night's dream 5 years ago - he's just so witty and devious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another classic I have been thinking about getting. Nice Choice.

    New Follower

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puck is always fun, in every book I have read bout him :) If you're interested in my choice, please come over and check out my FF post.

    I'm a new GFC follower, because your blog seems interesting. Mine is all new, so there aren't all that many posts yet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of this series but have never checked it out, I will fix that. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I say manga do count as graphic novels as that's what I mostly read haha. Following back! Also I love your blog design, it's simple but neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. new follower through GFC/PJV. I hope you like my blog well enough to follow, but whatever. I am at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com .
    I basically read everything except the erotica stuff. At least if I know it's that, I don't read it. I did appreciate your honesty in following or not. That is indeed refreshing!
    Thanks,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your choice! He sounds fun! I think it would be funny if he jumped out as a walrus, though I probably wouldn't eat the cake afterward.. :)
    Thank you for the kind words and the follow, Kirthi. I hope to read more of your blog as well! I'll be subscribing via GFC and anytime you want to discuss books or soccer, hop on over!

    ~Aspen

    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your answer, Kirthi! Aww, I love Puck so much too! I think he would be perfect party clown and bring happiness to my guests. x) He's just such a fun person (er... faery?) to hang out with! Just make sure he doesn't bring that buzz killer Titania! x)

    Thank you for following my blog! I'm following you back now. Looking forward to chat more with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to see Puck jump out of a cake too, it would be a lot of fun ^_^

    New follower, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kirthi, thankyou for visitng my blog and your kind words. I love your blog and am a new follower via GFC :D hope to visit soon x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger