Tips that will help you move your blog forward or perhaps your own personal goals of writing and making an income from what you love to do.
I am a writer. I truly enjoy writing, and I'll had nearly twenty Chapter 1's for many brilliant ideas I've gotten. But of course, it's so hard to shoot off from there. Hopefully, I do get published. But I want to get published just so other readers can read my writing and enjoy it, not for the money aspect. But if I did earn any money, it'd go straight to my parents. Like you may have noticed, we're in a tough financial situation and they're kind enough to support my blogging and pay shipping for my giveaways. I should tone down on them, come to think of it. Yeah....
I'm inexperienced in publishing and making money in that sense, so I don't think I should try to give false advice. However, I've got tips on moving one's blog forward (based off of experience with mine)
Tips On Moving One's Blog Forward
1. Be patient! Getting five hundred followers isn't going to happen over night
2. Host a couple of giveaways to get possible followers interested, but don't just rely on them. Readers deserve good content as well.
3. Comment on other blogs. It's both interactive and courtesy. You get to meet new people and they'll be aware of you, plus it's just nice to be active in the community. It's a way to put your blog out there and make people know it exists
4. Have a good blog design. I know it sounds like a very superficial thing to say, and some blogs are popular even with normal minimal blogger templates, but it's still good to have a decent design. A blog's design is something a reader will see for the first time: it's that first impression and it should be something that reflects you and your blog's content.
5. Book blogs: post frequent book reviews. It's the reason people follow (I think?) But stay true to what your blog is about. If it's YA fiction, than don't post cooking recipes, or adult fiction all the time.
Personal Goals on Writing1. Finish a good majourity of the rough draft by the end of this summer (since I'll barely have time once school starts)
2. Edit. Edit Edit. But don't overdue it
3. Finish rough draft by end of this year
4. Next year: start editing like mental
5. Then, work on selling it.
These sound like terrible goals! I'm so sorry, I'm not used to setting them. Therein lies my problem with never getting anywhere with these half-baked novels I've written. This is a good start! And thank you all for stopping by today! I've said this thousands of times, but if you haven't entered my armchair BEA giveaway, you should enter. I've simplified the process, without all the extra entry stuff.
Anyway. I look forward to your tips to blogging and goals of writing! I hope they inspire me :) Feel free to send me the link to your post, I'd love to read!