review: friends with boys

14 March 2012


book info:
ages: 12 and up
grades: 6 and up
on sale: NOW
copy from: First Second
pages: 224

title: Friends with Boys
author: Faith Erin Hicks
stars: 3.5

{Maggie McKay hardly knows what to do with herself. After an idyllic childhood of homeschooling with her mother and rough-housing with her older brothers, it’s time for Maggie to face the outside world, all on her own. But that means facing high school first. And it also means solving the mystery of the melancholy ghost who has silently followed Maggie throughout her entire life. Maybe it even means making a new friend—one who isn’t one of her brothers.}

my thoughts:
  I finished this a LONG time ago, somewhere in February, and never posted the review. Apologies! 
  
   This is a simple story about a girl growing up and high school. I found the cartoons amazingly done. After reading so much manga, I honestly prefer this style better. Hicks has a lovely way of storytelling, her drawings conveying emotion and all the feelings that sometimes, words cannot tell. In the drawings and style, this book is great!
  When reading though, I felt that there should've been more to it. Like the comic is too short or something, and there was some bits I felt were missing. It may just be my weird personal opinion, but that's it. Honestly.


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger