review: if i tell

22 December 2011

book info:
ages: 13 and up
grades: 7 and up
on sale: NOW
copy from: Sourcebooks
pages: 244

title: If I Tell
author: Janet Gurtler
stars: 5

"Instead, I ran. Again" (Gurtler)


Jasmine Evans knows one thing for sure... people make mistakes. After all, she is one. Jaz is the result of a onenight stand between a black football player and a blonde princess. Having a young mother who didn't raise her, a father who wants nothing to do with her and living in a small-minded town where she's never fit in hasn't been easy. But she's been surviving. Until she sees her mom's new boyfriend making out with her own best friend. When do you forgive people for being human or give up on them forever?

my thoughts:
After reading I'm Not Her, I had high expectations for this book. AND IT WAS MET! I was so thrilled to read yet another amazing Janet Gurtler list, however it felt like she (Janet) was trying to tackle too many problems, very real problems, and smash it together. BUT, it was subtle. I liked it.

Because I'm too lazy to write exactly how much I liked this, i'll just tell you to read it. read it!



0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger