book release: Forbidden

28 June 2011

Ohmygosh, I've waited MONTH'S for this book to come out. I tried ordering it from the U.K on Book Depository, but for some reason, it was NEVER in stock! I read as many reviews as I can, read the first two chapters online and the excerpt on Tabitha's website! I finally bought this literally: right now. Just got back from Borders.

Okay, I wrote that paragraph a couple of hours ago. As of now, I finished reading and I'm stunned. I'm so absolutely happy (about as happy as after reading Eden) that I read such a brilliant book. All this waiting was worth it.
Everything was perfect! The emotions, the lyrical writing.... but the ending. I thought I could handle the ending. That it couldn't be that bad, right? But it was. It was awful and just hit me. Reality. I'll give you a hint, it's what happen in Delirium. I'm just....devastated. okay this is all going to have to wait till I get calmed down enough to write a coherent review ^_^

Meanwhile, read this summary:
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.
 Here are links:
Borders: Forbidden (click on the cover to read the first 2 chapters)
Excerpt from Tabitha Suzuma's website (scroll down a little)
Book Depository (great discount! 41% off!)

2 thoughts:

  1. Yay Kirthi! This is one of my favorites! Such an intense novel. :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I really enjoyed this book. Well, I don't know if enjoy is the right word but I couldn't put this book down. My heart broke over and over for Lochan and Maya..and then the end? Oh snap! What a fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger