Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

21 May 2011

i'm so happy! i watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides yesterday night!
I know Jack I know!!!!!!!!

As you can see, he has this "x" on his cheek. I noticed it right away (having watched all the other movies at least a dozen times, it gave me a lot of time to stare at Jack's face) and pointed it out. My friend and her Dad thought it had been there the entire time.

Now, friends: examine this photo:
Remember in one of the movies, where Jack asks to his brother "So how's Mum?" and his brother shoves a shriveled head in his face. Look on Jack's hip, you'll see a shriveled head. I thought it was so SWEET how he carries his mother around with him. You know when someone dies, that they "will always be with you"? Jack takes it seriously ^_^

 REVIEW:
I missed Will and Elizabeth and the old crew of the Black Pearl. After three whole movies, I came to love them. Cutler Beckett, Davvy Jones, Gibbs, Elizabeth, Will, Norrginton, Tia Dalma, and all the crewman. ~sigh~ Now we have Jack, Barbossa, Gibbs, Blackbeard, Angelica (his daughter) and the Spanish fleet. They're all on a race to get to Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth.

 The main story line seemed....different. In all the movies, everything Jack did ended up to one big "OHHH!! I get it!!!!" but there wasn't that much in this movie. I was more interested in the side story of Phillip and Syrena.

They make such a cute couple!  British actor Sam Claflin and French actor Astrid Berges-Frisbey. Sam plays Phliip, described as a youthful Christian and Astrid plays Syrena, an alluring young mermaid. Doesn't it already sound sexy and romantic? Because it is. You will :LOVE this little side-story. It was my favourite part. 

 Of course the rest of it was funny, Jack and his moments. The entire theater laughed and it was great.

 Note: if you watch the movie in theaters, STAY TILL AFTER THE CREDITS. After ALL the credits, because there's this one last scene you have to see ^_^

5 thoughts:

  1. I think the characters of Syrena and Philip were casted brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Kirthi!! Thank you for posting! I'm so excited to watch this movie! Will & Elizabeth? I miss them too. :'( The last movie's ending was great. But like you, I think I would be more interested in this new couple. Cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous!!!! I'm in love with these movies and I'm happy to here that you like it. I can never see a movie when it just comes out, I get to mad at all the people in the theater talking and texting. I'm going to wait a few weeks to see it, but I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed all the old characters too! The movie was still amazing. Jack Sparrow was just that amazing, like he always is! I loved Philip and Syrena, they were so cute, and it was such a nice story. The movie was definitely different from all the others, it was more romantic and emotional than adventure and thrill, though all of that was still there. All in all it was a great movie, and I took your advice and stayed til after all the credits (they were VERY long XD) and the end scene....you have to see it! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally saw this! I didn't like it as much as I like the previous movies but if they had expanded on the sub plot with the mermaid and turned it into a POTC spin off, I think I would really had liked that more!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger