Review: after the kiss

04 March 2011

title: after the kiss
author: Terra Elan McVoy
stars: 3.999
review: kirthi
summary: goodreads
pages: 382
recommended for: 13+

This moment changes everything. Becca has been head-over-heels for Alec from the instant they met. He's a brainy jock with a poet's heart—in other words, perfect for her.
Camille is careful with her words and protective of her heart, especially since Chicago. Then a new boy in her new town catches her off guard with a surprise kiss.
Too bad that new boy is Becca's boyfriend, Alec.
Camille and Becca have never met, but their lives will unravel and intertwine in surprising ways as they deal with what happens after the kiss.

My thoughts:
  What a pretty cover, and what an affect all those candy hearts have, to mirror the story and to show the kind of atmosphere this book is in. I was more compassionate towards Becca, and though Camille was fine, I kind of still sided with Becca. I mean, what if some new girl came in and took your long time boyfriend that you loved so much that you thought it was impossible for you to be separated with him. 
  This book was unique and was written in verse. The impact was stronger than if it had been written like a novel. The fewer words, the stronger it is (in some cases)
  However, there was a lot more lacking than what I wanted. I do like some detail, you know?
  The down-point for me was how long it was, and how some bits repeated a bit.

1 thoughts:

  1. Hi Kirthi! Great honest review! :) I agree. What if some girl came and took your long time boyfriend away? Ack. Just so happens I have one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger