author: Carrie Jones
recommended for: ages 13+
Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that's not quite how things have worked out.
For starters, well, Nick is dead. Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?
And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned. She's Astley's queen.
Need and Captivate were both tense, active, magical, and captivating, so that I needed more. I was ever pleased when Bloomsbury asked me if I wanted to review this. Of course I said yes!
- good setting
- elaboration on Astley and his life and family
- Zara's consistent character
- detailed writing
- seems as if the story is being stretched out; very long
- not much "action"
- kind of...boring? This ties in with the first Con bullet...
It seems like just a few, but it basically sums up the book. I believe that Entice would've been a good book, had it not been so long. Entice wasn't as good a book as I hoped it to be, but it was still enjoyable!
And thanks to Bloomsbury I have:
- a copy of Entice
- Entice bookmarks (I'll try to upload the picture of how they look like, but my computer is having problems. Thanks
- Must be a follower of Pages
- Ends January 1st 2011
- U.S. Residents only