Review: Delirium

30 November 2010


title: Delirium
author: Lauren Oliver
stars: 5+
score: 100%+
summary: my ARC
review: Kirthi
pages: 441
recommended for: 14 and up (grade level 9 and up)
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn't understand that once love--the deliria--blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold.
Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Haloway has always looked forward to the day when she'll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
my thoughts:
I can honestly say that Delirium is the best book of 2011, even though I haven't read all the 2011 books ^_^ It may be the best in a century! I didn't enjoy Before I Fall, but Delirium had be yearning for more! Lauren Oliver has written an eloquent, "astounding contemporary told of Romeo and Juliet"

I
Love
This
Book
So
Much!!!!!

Pros:
  • Detailed and realistic characters
  • The most thought-provoking "perfect" dialouge
  • Written in present-tense
  • Very odd and interesting subject, which proved to be the best
  • Ending that leaves me so emotional
  • Concessions and details woven so beautifully....
  • Good Setting
Cons:
......................................um...................................????

Yes, it really was that good.
I don't think I can describe it in any other way, you just MUST read it! Too bad it comes out February 1st




4 thoughts:

  1. Glad you loved it. For me, the setting was so very cool because it's our major city in my state. So, I knew every street, and even the statue where they were hiding messages. I've never had such a cool book experience before! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it.

    I don't know how I feel about it. The ending was epic, but it didn't leave me sad or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me very intrigued. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No cons? That must be a good book. The summary sounds really interesting. A cure for love, huh? Thanks for the review:D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger