Gay Pride Day and Award and Scold Me Now!

20 October 2010

(photo credit)

Today, at school, it was Gay Pride Day! We all wore purple and were walking around, smiling, and giving each other knuckle punches and high-fives and saying "Go Gay people!" all around. It was fun and amazing and I loved it all! Even though I was just wearing a purple necklace.

I understand if you think Gay is wrong, because of the Bible and everything, and I'm not challenging you or anything. I sit next to a Christian on the bus and he looked at my necklace and said, "Take that off. Gay is wrong". I was kind of hurt because even though others think it's wrong, doesn't mean I should too. He went on to an elaborate explanation on why and I was hurt.
I'm Hindu, so I never read the Bible, but I KNOW that people are entitled to their own opinions and I would never try to change them. But still, when someone tries to make me change my opinion, it makes me mad.
I have several online gay friends, and they are so nice and lovely and I wish everyone could be as nice. Honestly, I think gay people make the best friends. But I love my friends, don't worry.
Just know that I understand, but I still support gay people. They're people too
Know that you are loved, no matter who or what you are ^_^

And Rachel Morgan gave me the Cherry On Top Award! I usually just automatically add my awards to my Awards page, but I think I'll start changing that.
Thanks so much Rachel, you made my day!. Question: If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life, would I, and what would it be?

I wouldn't change a thing, I'd add a thing. I'd go back and learn Latin and Spanish at a young age, start speaking my own language at home, and start doing more acts of kindness than I do now.


I pass these along to all the blogs that follow me, because I love everyone of them, and find it hard to choose! Really, I do. I just deleted my super long list. Go on, take the award you deserve.

I'm such a bad person! I have so many reviews I need to type up and post and I always make excuses. I'm very sorry, please, and I'll GET ONE UP TOMORROW! (I have the one-post-a-day thing) If I don't, you have permission to virtually slap sense into me ^_^ I don't mind!

9 thoughts:

  1. I think it's lovely your school did that :)

    My brother-in-law's brother is gay, and while I'm devoutly Catholic, I can't condemn or old anything against gay people - they deserve love just as you and I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore purple today too...Good for you for having an open mind. You're so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My necklace is always purple, but LGBT is definitely something I unequivocally support. I hate that sexuality even has to be a distinction at all. I'm glad you support this. :)

    I was Hindu for quite a while too. I've read segments of the Bible for the hell of it-- some parts are quite nice-- but haven't really found proof of anything in particular in the Bible that states clearly that a homosexual relationship is wrong, per se. I've encountered things that state that marriage is meant to be a union between a man and a woman, but nothing of just a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your school rocks for doing that -- and your comments on people respecting each others' opinions are really wise. As are your comments on everybody needing to know that they're loved :)

    And haha, I like the thing that you've added. Loving languages is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Being "Gay" IS wrong. Very wrong. It is written word for word in the Bible that it's wrong, and it's a sin:

    Leviticus 18:22 (The Message)
    22 "Don't have sex with a man as one does with a woman. That is abhorrent

    I am a devout Christian, and I believe the word of God, which is the Truth. Please don't be offended by this comment, I am just writing what I believe is the Truth. :)

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot to wear purple today but like you said, it doesn't matter to me what your sexuality is...as long as your nice to me and don't offend me or anything, I'll do the same for you. I get the whole not reading the Bible thing. I'm Hindu too and I've heard a lot of my Christian friends say stuff like "gay is wrong." hey, to each her own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a practicing Catholic, and I have nothing against Gays at all. In fact, I believe they are some of the best people. The Catholic Church is all about loving others and accepting each other. And although the bible says that gay marriage is wrong, it doesn't say anything againts love. you can't help who you love. And God created all people, so he created gay people as well. Love is a gift, and you shouldn't throw it away on someone whom you don't love. (and I'm sorry if I'm wrong about the bible not saying anything against gay love...I don't know the bible word for word or anything.) I love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Autumn Due to technical difficulties, it wouldn't be possible to have sex with a man like one would with a woman. :)

    The Bible only states that sexual relationships and the union of marriage are 'wrong.' Not love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so cool that your school decided to do that!

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger