Banned Book Week! And Inspiring Pictures!

25 September 2010

Exercise your freedom to read, post and fight against banned books! Yeah!
10 Surprisingly Banned Books

Can you believe Lord of the Rings was banned "outside of a church in Alamogordo, N.M., in 2001 because it was viewed as "Satanic." ?

James and the Giant Peach???? It's one of my most favourite books and it was banned just because the main character, James, was disobedient and violent. What, our kids can't be perfectly obedient and mindless robots enslaved by the wills of others! This book is FREEDOM!

And then. The Bomb. The global phenomenon that is Harry Potter: All the books are banned?!
"One of the most surprising banned books sits at the No. 1 spot on the ALA list. It's not even a book. It's the entire Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. The Harry Potter series is to teens what "Star Wars" was to an entire generation of now-40-somethings. The series has been challenged for occultism, Satanism, violence, being anti-family and having religious viewpoint. The series is No. 1 on the ALA's most challenged book list for 2000 to 2009. "

You people are mental! Barking! Read more at this yahoo article

So yeah ~smiles~ That's my angry-rant.
And to celebrate the beauty of reading, enjoy the pictures ^_^


For more inspirational photos that I enjoy, visit my profile (library of pics) I know, Shameless self-promotion. ^_^

So celebrate Banned Book Week! Read a book from the Top 100 Banned Books list, hehe. Rebellion!

7 thoughts:

  1. I KNOW! HP IS AMAZING.... I WILL BE READING BANNED BOOKS (YES HP...ALL 7 OF THEM) THIS WEEK IN PROTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to see what books are banned! The results are always shocking... some are just crazy, like Charlotte's Web!

    My question is that of all those banned books, don't you think Twilight or something should be sitting at the top rather than, oh I don't know, Little Red Riding Hood???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Priya--has anyone read Twilight?! I mean, if you're going to say "Violence!" you should look at the vamps ripping each other's heads off. And "Romance!"? Look at Breaking Dawn. Some of the those books are excellent--they shouldn't be banned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People get offended by all kinds of things. Thankfully, I guess, because it makes us go out and buy whatever they tell us NOT to read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know my Aunt Lelia would not let my cousins read Harry Potter because she thought it went against the bible?? Seriously!! Some people are so crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and pictures! I have a friend who would not go tot the Harry Potter movies with me because she said they were Wicka. What?

    ReplyDelete
  7. O YAY!!! Books are awesome, no matter if other people think they are not. To me, books are books are books. I am so picking a good one off the list! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger