Review: The Sky is Everywhere

07 August 2010

(Wow, it's been forever since I've actually wrote a review!)

Title: The Sky Is Everywhere
Author: Jandy Nelson
Stars: 5
Summary from Goodreads
Review by Kirthi
Pages: 275

Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker, bookworm and band geek, plays second clarinet and spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey
dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to center stage of her own life—and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey’s boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie’s own. Joe is the new boy in
town, a transplant from Paris whose nearly magical grin is matched only by his musical talent. For Lennie, they’re the sun and the moon; one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But just like their celestial counterparts, they can’t collide without the whole wide world exploding.

Raving reviews and magically made book trailers drew me to this books like moths to a light. Sadly, I got this at the library; I'd rather have my own copy to read over and over again.

Beginning: Interesting. The plant thing was completely unique and something totally unheard of. The first few pages were slow, the then everything kicked off.

Middle: The poems written on junk everywhere was intriguing. Underneath each poem, it said, "Found at _________" I didn't really understand that part until the end. Someone actually found it.
End: Absolutely perfect!

Characters: I love how the characters and deep and complicated, not puppets with words about them. They emotions they feel are real and true and believable. Lennie and Joe are imperfectly flawless.

Overall: Amazing and unforgettable, The Sky Is Everywhere is utterly romantic and emotional.

Conclusion: Must read!

"The Sky Is Everywhere evokes the intensity of desire and agony of heartache with breathtaking clarity. This beautifully written story will leave an indelible impression upon your soul"

-Susane Colasanti
I so agree with Susane!

9 thoughts:

  1. I'm with you, this book was absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds excellent! I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sky is Everywhere is total perfection. I'm so glad you loved it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read this book! Someday. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting read. I found that little nugget on poems intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful review! I definitely agree with everything...I love how deep the characters were as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I hope to get this one soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope there is not too much of a hold at the library.....

    How long did you have to wait?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger