Interview with John! + Contest Update!

05 May 2010

Contest Update: Last night, while drinking the deliciousness that is water, I was apprently re-reading my ARC of Claire de Lune, and guess what? It spilled. Right on the pages, and now the words are blurred and the pages are incredibly crinkly, so I don't think I'll be able to give it away. I'm so so so so so so so sorry for those who were willing to win it! So the only choice for my Green Week Giveaway will be A Blue So Dark! I apologize to the ends of the earth for my...what's the word...clumsiness! I'm offering an ARC of A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner I'm really sorry, I hope this compensates!
___________________________________________________________
And now, for an interview with John J.!
Name: John J.
Age: 15
Blog: Dreaming in Books
Been Blogging for: this blog is fairly new

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
So other than the whole, "I'm 15 and I have male parts and *gaspeth* I am indeed a male" thing that is always needed, I am a book-a-holic. Simple enough. Ever since I was in second grade, when I began reading those royal diaries books (Anastasia pwns, just saying) I was so hooked on reading. But do I have a life outside books? Sadly, yes. I am in the school marching/concert band, I am a theatre geek, and I write reviews for two other blogging sites (Teens Read Too and Dear Author).
2. What was your inspiration for blogging?

I wanted to get out there. While writing reviews for other people is fun and a great time, I wanted a site where I could make my own rules, talk with authors on my own time, and set things up for me. So, I came up with this blog. Brent from Naughty Book Kitties also helped too. He basically yelled at me until I started one. Thankies Brent!
3. How did you choose your blog title?

I just liked the sound of it. It sounds...fun, and dreamy. Bad word, I know. But, it just felt right. Plus, the killer blog skin I found online seems to fit it pretty well. The inverted flowers just make it seem like something out of Wonderland.
4. What’s your opinion about other bloggers in the blogosphere?

LOVE 'EM! Seriously, before I even thought about blogging, I was lurking around maybe ten book blogs? All of them have such great personalities and skills, that I can always find interesting topics and comments within the blogosphere. YA has some particularly great ones; Brent and Emily and Naughty Book Kitties, Kristie at The Story Siren, Persnickety Snark, Steph Su at Steph Su Reads...I could go on. :) They all inspire me in their own way, and I couldn't say I have the love of blogging if it wasn't for the fun I had reading these blogs.
5. What your least favorite thing about blogging?

Reading and coming up with a post every day. Since I work for some other sites, I naturally have to send of reviews to each one before posting on my blog, unless otherwise stated. SO, that makes reading fast an even bigger issue. Plus, school takes up a good time chunk.
6. Your most favorite thing about blogging?
The people I meet. Brent has become a great friend of mine through blogging, and I've met some great authors and other bloggers, too. I have people for conversation, I'm learning more about an industry I want to enter someday, and I get amazing practice with my writing.
RANDOM (not so much)
1. Do you listen to music while you read? If you do, what do you listen to?

Not often. If I do, some instrumentals or vocals from a favorite obscure video game, Ar tonelico. Mostly because the songs in other language thing allows me to zone out and not confuse myself. And the music is really of amazing quality. I don't mind rocking out to some Evanescence every once and a while though.
2. What’s your special talent?

Writing? I don't know. I like to think I'm a good writer, so I'll go with that. I actually have a kinda-hiatus book project now that's pretty cool. It was inspired by something on inkpop, the new teen writing site run by Harper Collins. But overall, I don't think I have anything that's really unique. I leave that to the important people. ^^
3. Do you recycle?
No, mostly because my small town has no close recycling plants. I would if I could though, the environment is very important!
4.What is your favorite genre of books? (you can include several :D)

Romance/Chick Lit share the top spot. I'm always in the mood for a good story involving a strong heroine and a smexy hero. ^^ Paranormal, historical, and regular contemporary books also love to inhabit my shelf. :P Fantasy is okay when I am in the mood, as are adult literary novels (ever read The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd? Go do it. Best adult novel I read over the summer - well, second best, counting August. I could go on about these). Though adult literary novels have better moods than pure fantasy. The only genres I can't stand? Nonfiction (excluding the occasional clearance book) and Science Fiction *shudder*.
5. Do you love your computer?

Yes, it's my baby. It is my stress relief. And it came out of dial-up over the summer...so I love it much more than before. ^^
6. Your favorite holiday?
Can I say Christmas Eve? I was born on Christmas Eve, so yeah. But...I also enjoy the Fourth of July over the summer months...and Arbor Day is the best under-appreciated holiday in the history of mankind. >:D


Dreaming in Books is an amazing blog, you should so check it out!

4 thoughts:

  1. Spillage happens to us all! It's a byproduct of wanting to read all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for doing this interview! I can't tell you how great it is to know you genuinely enjoy my blog. ^^ I <33 Brent, too! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Welcome to the blog world and your right your blog template matches your personality perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger