Weekly Wrap-Up (2)

07 March 2010

I hope you had a wonderful week! I went to a Book Fair with my friend, Rose Cunningham and her family, and a friend of her brother, at the Cobb Fairgrounds. There were a bunch of old library books, cassettes, movies, and magazines. I, sadly, don't like sad books, so I didn't have much to look for, but then.
There it was.
A giant corner filled with ancient National Geographics. I
jumped up and squealed! A few old ladies were already there, fishing out all the good magazines, so I didn't have much to choose from.
I bent over this one lady's box (I didn't know it was hers!) and she snapped at me, "That's my box!""Oh...I'm sorry! I didn't know!" I said, embarrassed. She didn't reply. And so I continued.
In the end, I got 36 total Geographic Magazines, and for how much? $1 for an entire box full, or 10 cents per magazine. I mean, what a bargain! The oldest National Geographic was in August, 1967, and the newest was August 2007!
Rose got a bunch of other books, including "America the Beautiful" and old photography book with amazing pictures of America.
____________________________________________________
This week on my blog: I re-reviewed The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran!
I received Anastasia's Secret and My Invented Life. My review of Anastasia's Secret will be up by tomorrow!

I also updated my Blog List (you can see it to the right, on the sidebar) I won't be updating it for a while so, so far, this is it!



This week on Cate's blog, Sparrow Review, she interviewed a blogger, Sasha from The Sweet Bonjour! Click here to read her awesome interview!
Cate also reviewed Eyes like Stars by Lisa Mantchev, check out her review here.
She wished for a copy of Remarkably Jane: Notable Quotations on Jane Austen.
Cate is currently reading The Iron King by Julie Kagawa! I'm so jealous :D


The Results to my Hunger Games poll are in! Click here to view them OR here are the results in number format. I've been trying to get this graph to show up, but nothing works!

Team Peeta: 56%
Team Gale: 26%
Neither: 10%
Both: 6%

And TEAM PEETA wins!

Dreamer
On my other writing blog, Dreamer, I had the most horrible, painful, inspiring, realistic dream ever. Read my re-telling of the dream that changed me! Death: A Bad Dream

Today is also the last day to enter the Spread the Flower Love Blog Tour at Amy's blog! Hurry up and collect your flowers!



4 thoughts:

  1. Lucky! I love national geographic magazines:]
    Yay, team peeta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love National Geographic as well. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..thats cheap. We don't have any great book stores here

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger