ARC Review: Claire de Lune

19 February 2010


Title: Claire de Lune
Author: Christine Johnson
Stars: 4
Summary from back of the book
Pages: 352
Release Date: 5/18/10
Thanks for the copy Christine!


Torn between two destinies...

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all the sense of normalcy: She's a werewolf. As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love. Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart. she will make a choice that will change her forever...

My thoughts:

Claire de Lune is completly different than what I expected a werewolf book to be about. Becoming a werewolf is not by being bitten, but by being inherited and no male werewolves exist, which is completely different.
Beginning: Romance. No other book I've read introduces the romance before the actual excitement. I'm very happy it started with romance, though. I get very tired of waiting till the middle or even the end to read about the romances, so Claire de Lune was a pleasant surprise.

Middle: Absolutly wonderful. This was a totally different werewolf book (like I said before), the threats, the plot, and mostly everything was not expected, which is rich. I was dying of the cliche, boring werewolf books (Blood and Chocolate, Twilight etc...) but Claire de Lune saved me. I was stick in this book book, loved it!
There was, however, a few minor blemishes. In a few spots, the events were very rushed, and I had to go back a little and re-read it to comprehend what was going on.

End: Betrayal. A very good and tasty betrayal.

Characters: The characters weren't as well developed as I hoped they would be. Matthew was obscure, and so were most of the pack. The pack members were just there. Not much elaboration on them. I'm a reader that really likes details (more like a person who likes knowing things) so it frustrated me when I didn't get much on the characters.

Conclusion: Original and a great read, Claire de Lune is a wonderful, action-packed debut novel by Christine Johnson.

8 thoughts:

  1. I'm glad to hear this is not as cliche as Twilight! I'm not into these types of fantasy books that much, but this one seems pretty decent. Very nice review!

    Emidy
    Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this in the mail a few days ago. I'm super excited to read it! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am dyyyyinnnggg to read this one. Great review, and I'm glad to hear you loved the romance aspect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO I am so glad you enjoyed it! great review

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks good, excited for it's release. Nice review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks great! Nice review, I really want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review. This is not what I expected, guesss I haven't read a summary yet. I am adding this to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review! I am interested in reading this one. Have you read Shiver by Stiefvater? I thought that was a great werewolf novel too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger