Another IMM (3)

05 February 2010

I've been reading a load of great books this week, I just couldn't help but to show off! All summaries are from Goodreads, the ever so awesome site for book lovers!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I have to polish up my (blustering) review on this, I'll have it up soon!
In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place.
The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink: I'm still reading this, thanks Grace, for letting me borrow this!
Sixteen-year-old Lia Milthorpe and her twin sister Alice have just become orphans, and, as Lia discovers, they have also become enemies. The twins are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate and to remain in the arms of her beloved boyfriend James, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does. Only then will she understand the mysterious circumstances of her parents' deaths, the true meaning of the strange mark branded on her wrist, and the lengths to which her sister will go to defeat her. Debut novelist Michelle Zink takes readers on an unforgettable journey where one sister's fateful decision could have an impact of Biblical proportions. Prophecy of the Sisters is the first of three books.
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong: Thanks to Elyse Marshall from HarperCollins for sending me my first ARC!
Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.
Spectacular Ireland with text by Peter Harbison: Thank you to my parents for buying this for me in celebration of my straight A's!
A luxurious full-color celebration of Ireland's scenic beauty, this book features more than 125 full-color images by Ireland's top landscape photographers and includes six panoramic gatefold pages, each one opening to almost four feet.

I've got a lot of great books this week, and I'm uber excited! Sooo happy :D So what're you reading?

9 thoughts:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately want to read The Hunger Games! Everyone loves that series, so I'm sure it'll be good. Hope you enjoy!

    Emidy
    Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you had an amazing reading week! I so want to read The Hunger Games too, I keep hearing such great things about it. :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Gasp!* You haven't read the Hunger Games until now! :0

    Hehe...just kidding! I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games was amazing! I can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books! Loved hunger games!Congrat on your First ARC*woot* hope u enjoy them!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, amazing books! I've yet to review The Hunger Games, but I can only say that I really, really loved it. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some awesome books, Kirthi! The Ways to Live Forever looks really interesting (recent post). In response to your question, I just finished Hush, Hush and it was extraordinary! Now I am reading Summer of my German Soldier, next up is Heaven Eyes and then the best (if anything tops Hush, Hush) is A Northern Light. Have you read it? It looks amazing!
    Anyways, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, The Hunger Games is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger