IMM (1)

25 January 2010


This is my first IMM! It's a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren!

I bought:
Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors
From the author of Saving Juliet comes a romantic comedy that is good to the last drop. When Katrina spots a homeless guy sleeping in the alley behind her grandmother’s coffee shop, she decides to leave him a cup of coffee, a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans, and some pastries to tide him over. Little does she know that this random act of kindness is about to turn her life upside down. Because this adorable vagrant, Malcolm, is really a guardian angel on a break between missions. And he won’t leave until he can reward Katrina’s selflessness by fulfilling her deepest desire. Now if only she could decide what that might be . . .

(I'm half-way done with this already, fast reader, I know!)
___________________________________________

Library (I'm a regular library visitor! :D)
After by Amy Efaw

An infant left in the trash to die. A teenage mother who never knew she was pregnant...
Before that morning, these were the words most often used to describe straight-A student and star soccer player Devon Davenport: responsible, hardworking, mature.
But all that changes when the police find Devon home sick from school as they investigate the case of an abandoned baby. Soon the connection is made — Devon has just given birth; the baby in the trash is hers.
After that morning, there’s only one way to define Devon: attempted murderer.
And yet gifted author Amy Efaw does the impossible — she turns Devon into an empathetic character, a girl who was in such deep denial that she refused to believe she was pregnant. Through airtight writing and fast-paced, gripping storytelling, Ms. Efaw takes the reader on Devon’s unforgettable journey toward clarity, acceptance, and redemption.
___________________________________
I also recieved some awesome swag from Kimberly Derting that I'm planning to giveaway for my 100 follower giveaway, along with a couple of books :)

___________________________________
P.S. My Goodreads post was a great idea, I have 37 friends now with great shelves, I now have a massive TBR pile :D Thanks for commenting on it!

8 thoughts:

  1. Psyched that you've got so many good reads friends now! Awesome indeed.
    I've been wanting to read both of these book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, nice books! I didn't really like After, but I'll be looking forward to what you think of Coffeehouse Angel. The cover definitely looks cute. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing books this week, Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books Kirthi...Enjoy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like cute books! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

    Emidy
    Une Parole

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger