My favorite Series in the entire World

05 December 2009


Yes, you heard me. The Poison Study series are now my most favorite, better than the Series of Unfortunate Events and even better than Twilight, and equal to Harry Potter. I'm sorry, Daniel X, make room for a new all-time favorite. Oh yes, and COVER LOVE to these amazing covers!

Title: Magic Study (Book 2 in the series)
Author: Maria V. Snyder (Thank you for writing this!)
Stars: 10 (never rated about 5+!!! 10 is a rare honor)
Review by Kirthi (I'm so lucky to review this!)
Summary by Book Flap (of the best book)
Rated- 13 years or older!
YOU KNOW YOUR LIFE IS BAD WHEN YOU MISS YOUR DAYS AS A POISON TASTER...

With her greatest enemy dead, and on her way home to be reunited with the family she'd been stolen from long ago, Yelena should be pleased. But though she has gained her freedom, she can't help feeling isolated in Sitia. Her Ixian background has changed her in many ways--and her newfound friends and relatives don't think it's for the better...

Despite the turmoil, she's eager to start her magic training--especially as she's been given one year to harness her power or be put to death. But her plans take a radical turn when she becomes involved with a plot to reclaim Ixia's throne for a lost prince--and gets entangled in powerful rivalries with her fellow magicians.
If it isn't bad enough, it appears her brother would love to see her dead. Luckily Yelena has some old friends to help with all her new enemies.

My thoughts (on Magic Study)
I love this book with my soul. This is by far the most, exciting book I've ever read. As you must know from my reviewing, I crave thrilling books with romance, and this book quenched my thirst (for now). Yelena's tendency to make people angry and attract enemies like a light bulb to a fly is just amazing. Valek (my new favorite DANGER man! (Trumps Edward, Cedric, and Robien all put together) is more dangerous than ever, and more feared. Together they make a team, a powerful magician and warrior plus a man immune to magic and with deadly fighting skills. I love Valek, even his NAME sounds evil. Sitia is much more different than Ixia, and I love comparing the two opposite countries, good and evil mixed in both. Magic Study is far more jucier than Poison Study, but Poison Study will always have a place in my heart as the introduction to a new era of fiction. Maria V. Snyder, I compliment you!

______________________________________________

Title: Fire Study
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Stars: 10+!!
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Flap
Rated- 13 years or older!
THE APPRENTICESHIP IS OVER NOW THE REAL TEST HAS BEGUN

When word that Yelena is a Soulfinder--able to capture and release souls--spreads like wildfire, people grow uneasy. Already Yelena's unusual abilities and past have set her apart. As the Council debates Yelena's fate, she receives a disturbing message" a plot is rising against her homeland, lef by a murderous sorcerer she has defeated before...
Honor sets Yelena on the path that will test the limits of her skills, and the hope of reuniting with her love spurs her onward. Her journey is fraught with allies, enemies, lovers, and would-be assassins, each of questionable loyalty. Yelena will have but one chance to prove herself--and save the land she holds dear.

My thoughts:
Nooo! It's the last book in the trilogy! I tried to savor it, reading page by page extremely slowly, but eventually hunger won and I devoured the book, eating every word. My result: tastiest, most delicious book I've ever eaten. Yelena's enemies prove even more of a threat (if that's possible) and her role in Ixia and Sitia become clear and vital. Once again, go evil, dangerous, and awesome Valek! Valek and Yelena are the best couple. But, having read ever so carefully, I noticed that a few words, like rendezvous was used more than once, and a few words that describe Yelena and Valek's "togetherness" like "share his skin" was a repeated idea, and so were other "togetherness" moments. But all the amazing-ness of this book made up for the minor (maybe major) "mistakes". The characters become real, and I connect with them. Whenever an evil magician is named, I feel fear. Whenever Valek is named, I feel happiness. I connect with this book, and it's a must read for everyone, above the age of 13 please, some violence and romantic parts are promised so be ready (if) you plan to read them.

Check out my review of Poison Study!!

32 thoughts:

  1. Equal to Harry Potter??? It's not possible!

    I must read this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Okay. I'm convinced - I'll definitely check these books out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I convinced you all to read this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reallyreallyreally enjoyed Poison Study (maybe not to the level of Harry Potter...but still) It really is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard SO MUCH about these books. I really should check them out already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent review! I haven't read these but I'm putting them on my TBR list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really LOVED Poison Study (and Valek, holy crap!) I've been thinking about buying the entire series but I kept hesitating... I think you might've convinced me to buy the books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book seems to have captivated you I MUST CHECK IT OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great review. I love your enthusiasm over this series. Even though this was the last of this trilogy - her glass series is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...i definitely need to read this series

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, now I really have to get these books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, this is one of the most imaginative, fun and engrossing series I have ever read! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness. Until I read this review I hadn't realise that Poison Study was part of a series.
    If is does equal HP I'm in a for a treat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your fave series IN THE ENTIRE WORLD? Whoa, then I just HAVE to read this, don't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. When was Fire Study released?
    Never knew there were 3 books in this series now! Many thanks for this informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Extremely highly praised and compared to some fantastic works. I will need to read the series.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds exciting! :D
    I'm beginning to like this series, without even reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your favorite serie?? Like Harry Potter?!

    I must read this books, hehe. You convinced me!
    Magic + Romance: Perfect!

    thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy Heck... Better then Twilight!!=)
    Sign me up!!
    We totally crave the same kind of romance novels!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know what you mean about savoring the last book in the series! I finished it and was like, "Oh crap. THAT'S IT!" I wanted to slap myself for reading and finishing it so quickly.

    But! Then Storm Glass came out and I flipped out over that. ^_^ I bought it without reading it first, because I knew that if it was by Maria V. Snyder, it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. After reading your reviews, I am convinced I will love this series! I can't wait to read them. Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, they are that amazing?? The Harry Potter series are my all time favourite books so if this is equal to them.... oh my, I SERIOUSLY need to read!! Your excitement and enthusiasm is incredibly contagious. I've caught the Poison Study bug!! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That is high praise! I'm so ashamed to say that I've never read Harry Potter...or Poison Study...but I plan to read both, if that helps my case at all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. You really like this series THAT much!?

    I enjoyed it, but I felt that Magic Study and Fire Study were slightly disappointing after Poison Study.

    ReplyDelete
  25. like HP?! I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that's some pretty high praise! I've gotta read this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great series! I'd like to read these.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved the first two books, and having been saving Fire Study for when I hit a dry patch in my reading...but since this isn't happening, I'll probably read it sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the name Valek, too! You've made me want to continue reading the series sooner than I had planned :)

    KristinCreative

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Truffle Lady24 January 2010 at 22:02

    My first reaction was oh no, this series is ending! But, it's not. It continues on with a shift of main characters...which is fabulous. It keeps it new and fresh while you still get to find out what keep up with the old favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great review, I really want to read these books. The cover of the first one is just awesome, love those colors ^^

    ReplyDelete
  32. Better than Twilight and equal to Harry Potter. Ooh thats saying really something.


    mystica123athotmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger