Books read in the past 2 days!

20 December 2009

Reading has been more and more of a problem lately. I've become addicted! Even when I feel so sleepy that I might pass out, I HAVE to finish reading the book! It can be seen as a good or bad thing, I don't know yet...Anyway! Enjoy the reviews :)
____________________________________________________________
Title: The Sisters Grimm: The Everafter War (7th book)
Author: Michael Buckey
Stars: 4.2
Review by: Kirthi
Summary by: the back of the book

Face-to-Face with the Master!
After two years trapped in enchanted sleep, Daphne and Sabrina's parents are finally free. Unfortunately, they've awoken to chaos in Ferryport Landing. Prince Charming and his band of rebels are in hiding, plotting war against the Master and his henchmen. At first, Sabrina is thrilled to have her family back. But after taking care of herself and Daphne for so long, she has forgotten how different--and challenging--life with parents can be. Meanwhile, the Master has dark plans for the Grimms. Finally, the family will come face-to-face with their tormentor, and a betrayal so deep that it will change their world forever!

My thoughts:
Yay! Finally the Grimm parents have woken up! And of course, there's Puck, the Trickster King, in action (my favorite character!). In this book, Michael Buckley:
  1. Finally reveals the Master
  2. Shows actual change in the relationship between Sabrina and ___(grins)___
  3. Finally awakes Sabrina and Daphne's parents
  4. Finally has the war everyone's been waiting for
  5. Finally reveals the Master's plans
That's a lot of good meat packed in one book! But this is the 7th book, so I'd start reading from the beginning (if you're one of those people who must start at the first book in a series) or you can go ahead and read this, but trust me, it won't make sense if you don't read the first book!
________________________________________________________
Title: Beastly
Author: Alex Flinn
Stars: 3.4
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Flap.

I AM A BEAST.
A beast. Not quite wolf, or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright--a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever--ruined--unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you that I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.

My thoughts:
I de-starred this because I thought that near the end, the story became a little too fast paced. And before you know it, it's been 2 years (in the book)! I can't say I love Kyle, he's snobby, but I did enjoy his thoughts. Parts of the book are written like a Chat room, with other victims of spells, like a mermaid (similar to The Little Mermaid) and a frog (Yup, you guessed it, The Frog Prince) and a bear (From Rose Red and Snow White (not THAT Snow White) ) and a human, the guy trying the "help" them all. The Chat conversations are fun to read, and I really liked how the story all fit together in the end. Reccomend it to all readers!
_____________________________________________________________
Title: Max: A Maximum Ride novel
Author: James Patterson
Stars: 5 (as always)
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Cover

WHEN THE PLANET FACED DESTRUCTION, THEY SAVED IT.
Max and the flock have trader Antarctica's sub-zero temperatures for sunny Los Angeles, where they're taking over the skies with their hair-raising air show. But far below, a deadly assassin watches their every move, waiting for the perfect moment to send them plummeting to earth.
NOW THE BATTLE FOR SURVIVAL RAGES ON.
Suddenly the flock learns that millions of fish are dying off Hawaii's coast and that someone--or something--is destroying hundreds of shops. When they are confronted with the most frightening ecological catastrophe yet, they have no choice but to go deep into the murky waters. Now, nowhere is safe.
THIS TIME, THE FLOCK IS IN TOO DEEP.
While Max and her team comb the depths of the ocean, a powerful enemy tracks them. He has his own plans for the flock and will stop at nothing tinil they're under his control. Can the flock protect themselves from the approaching army--and save the world from utter destruction?

My thoughts:
As all Maximum Ride novels, this is just as good! I'm glad that the relationship between Max and ___(giggles)__ is becoming more stable, and it's great to see the characters evolve. One of my favorite chapters were where Max and the Flock finish U.S. Navy training in one day, astounding the officials. Recommended to all!

2 thoughts:

  1. Glad to see you are so excited by these. I've been eyeing The Sisters Grimm for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great! I also like to read book. thanks.......

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger