Maximum Ride books 1 & 2

08 December 2009



Title: Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment
Author: James Patterson
Stars: 4.9
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Flap

WELCOME
TO MY NIGHTMARE.
Do not put this book down, I'm dead serious--
your life could depend on it.
I'm risking everything my telling you--
but you need to know.

STRAP YOURSELF IN for the thrill ride you'll want to take again and again. From Death Valley, Calafornia, to the bowels of New York City subway system, you're abot to take off on a heart-stopping adventure that will blow you away....
YOUR FAITHFUL COMPANIONS: Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal in most ways- except that they're 98 percent human, 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free. Aside, of course, from the fact that they're prime prey for the Erasers--wicked, wolf like creatures with a taste for flying humans.
THE MISSIONS: Rescue Angel from the malicious mutants. Infiltrate a secret facility to track down the flock's missing parents. Scavenge for sustenance. Get revenge on an evil traitor. And save the world. IF there's time.

My thoughts:
I'm not really into thrillers, but this changed my point of view forever (technically, Daniel X did, but James Patterson is the guy behind it all). It was a little confusing at the beggening, and I kind of wanted to put it down, but for some reason, Max's warning ("Do not put this book down") sounded and I continued to read. The I got deeper into the story, the more I loved it. Dialogue is one of my favourite parts of books, and James Patterson really had a lot of that!
The story plot was fast and thrilling, and made me feel "thrilled" (haha, get it?)
The characters were well developed, and I enjoyed reading about their unique personalities. This is a book that definitely has to go on your shelf!

Title: School's Out--Forever
Author: James Patterson
Stars: 5
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Flap

Meet Max, Fang, Iggy, Gasman, Nudge, and Angel, six absolutly unforgettable kids. With some major problems. THEY'RE BEING HUNTED BY KILLERS. BUT WHO?
It's even worse than that. Max is sure that a microchip has been inserted under her skin--leading freakish forces of evil to ambush them any moment...AND WORSE
She and the others are supposed to save the world. BUT FROM WHAT? WHEN? AND HOW?
Max will stop at nothing to find the answers. One thing she does know; it's got something to do with an astonishing ability they have that no others can claim. THEY CAN FLY.

My thoughts:
This sequel was as good as the first, taking you on the "maximum ride" (haha)

2 thoughts:

  1. I've had this one on my tbr shelf for a while. I'm only just starting to get into thrillers, and it's sounding like I'll love this one. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this series...until book 3 or 4. Then the plot became Patterson preaching about the environment. I haven't read the rest of the series but these first books were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger