Poison Study

25 November 2009

Title: Poison Study
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Stars: 5+
Rated: PG-13
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Flap


Choose:
A Quick Death....
Or Slow Poison...

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace--and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.
And so Yelena chooses to becomes a food taster. But the cheif of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly Dust--and only by appearing for her faily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.
As Yelena tries to excape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to sieze Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...

My thoughts:
I'm still tingling with excitement from reading this (roughly 5 to 10 minutes ago). It's an excellent start to a promising series, which I intend to get VERY soon :) Yelena is a strong, stubborn, and mysterious girl with a haunting past. I absolutely love the thrill Poison Study gives me, I literally could not put it down! I was holed up in my room and delayed dinner to finish it, and having gotten this today, I don't think my parents will allow me to go and get the other books to the series (Magic Study and Fire Study) tomorrow. The romance in this book is absolutely delicious, and don't worry, it's rated (by me) PG-13. I was gasping at the right parts and was totally intrigued when reading this. Everyone must read!

27 thoughts:

  1. I saw this in Border's and thought it looked pretty good, now i'll have to go buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The romance was great! I loved how Valek finally admitted his feelings for her....so sweet! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the books you chose. They always seem to be different from everyone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Review, I loved this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great book. I have been wanting to read it for quite awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun! I have to get it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this book, and actually just gave it as a Christmas present to a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am intrigued by this book.
    I haven't seen this cover before and it is very evocative.

    Thanks for reviewing it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gahh! I would love to read this. Anything with a delicious romance is definitely a must-read for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. many thanks for reviewing and recommending this book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOunds like an intriguing novel and an excellent beginning of a series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a good read!
    Your thoughts and reactions just made me decide to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to read this book!!! I wasnt very sure to read it...but know that I read your review I will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent review! Hooray for books that you can't put down! I have read so many great reviews of this book (and series). I definitely need to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my!!! I am a sucker for romance and passion... and excitement. And I love series!!=) Thank for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poison Study is among my favorite books of all time. I LOVE how Yelena is hard core but not mean or cruel. The characters were believable and the action was fabulous! And I loved the romance, too. Wasn't rushed, wasn't false. And I love spy books. ^_^

    I'm still in complete suspense for Spy Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review! I am really excited to read this series now. It looks so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh this sounds so deliciously good! I have yet to read a single bad thing about this book which begs me to ask: Why the heck haven't I read it yet? Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I must have it! *Droooooooooooooooools*

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVED this book. Valek is so cute in an *I could kill you any minute now* kind of way! =D
    It really is an awesome start to a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sounds great!. I want to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard such awesome things about all of Maria's books. I totally need to read this now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This books sounds great .... one that I would definitely enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I did love this book! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

    KristinCreative

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Truffle Lady24 January 2010 at 21:59

    I loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds really good, and the cover is very intriguing ^^

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger