My new blog and the Vampirates!

04 November 2009


I've been writing for as long as I can remember, little snippets and chunks, but I've never actually thought of making a blog out of it. I did, though, thanks to Amanda for The Storyteller. She inspired me to make a blog, and thanks to Rachel, my best friend, for giving me the red flowered journal for my birthday (September 09)! My blog is called Fly Away I hope you can check it out when you can.



Title: Vampirates Demons of the Ocean
Author: Justin Somper
Stars: 5
Summary by Book Flap
Review by Kirthi

Twins Connor and Grace never dreamed that there was any truth to the Vampirates shanty their father sang to them before he died, but that was before the two were shipwrecked and separated from each other. For Connor, who is taken aboard a pirate shp, there's a chance to learn sword fight, but for Grace, aboard a mysterious ship of vampires, the danger is great.
The lure of the pirate life at sea may be just tempting enough to make Connor forget his past, but without him, Grace will not be able to survive.

My thoughts:
I love Pirates of the Caribbean and Twilight, and to find a book with both vampires AND pirates was surprising. At the beginning, Connor and Grace reminded me of Sunny, Violet, and Klaus in The Series of Unfortunate Events. Two orphans, homeless and no available relatives. I LOVE the Series of Unfortunate Events, so this book was a mix of all my top favorites. I say, GO JUSTIN SOMPER! Who also happens to be Australians. I've been reading a LOAD of Australian books like Eon: Dragoneye Reborn and all. Very literate country it is. Anyway, the vampires in this book shined a new light on possibilities, different from Twilight. The pirates were all the same, but with different characters and personalities. I suggest this to everyone of all ages.
P.S. the cover really bothers me. They only show Connor being rescued, but what about Grace?

4 thoughts:

  1. oh-em-gee! Really? No wonder you're such a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book too. I read it awhile back. I still have to read the sequel but I'll get to it eventually.

    Lol I'm happy I wasn't the only one who thought of the Lemony Snicket thing.

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to read the sequel too. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger