City Of Bones

08 November 2009


Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Stars: 5+
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Flap

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemoniom Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder-much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing-not even a smear of blood-to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary finds herself attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? and how did Clary suddenly get the Sight. The Shadowhunters would like to know....
Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.

My thoughts:
I started yesterday afternoon, and ended yesterday night. I literally COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! This is a book that has the romance of Twilight, the excitemnet of Harry Potter, the danger of Tithe. I absolutely loved it, except for the ending with John and Clary. In my thoughts, Clary ended up with the wrong guy. Jace was hilarious, Isobella reminded of Alice Cullen, Alec was just amazing, and I can't wait to read the sequel City of Ashes.
This book earned it's right in the Hall of Awesome Books. I recommend it to everyone!

6 thoughts:

  1. I've heard that the next two books aren't as good... I'm still planning to try them out though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I always think the first book in a series is always the best. I'm planning to read them too, all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will finish the series, but i dunno, usually books take me to the point i can't stop thinking about them, this one so far just hasnt for me

    its been like if i get the choice to write or to read, at the moment its write, whereas the last book i read it was always to read

    glad you like this series though, i hope it picks up in the next couple hundred pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, this sounds good - plus, i love the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know what anonymous said...and i reckon youve done excellent...in the month ive been following, youve gained 11 followers which is excellent...more than me and most of my followers are because of you

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger