The Year My Sister Got Lucky

26 October 2009

Title: The Year My Sister Got Lucky
Author: Aimee Friedman
Stars: 4.9

Some Girls Have All The Luck.
Katie and Michaela Wilder are sisters, best friends, and born-and-bred New York City girls. Katie loves the feel of concrete beneath her feet, the roar of the subway, and the glamour of her world-class dance school. And her older sister Michaela feels the same way.
But the Wilder sisters' luck is about to change. The girls are uprooted from the city the summer before Katie's freshman year and planted in rural Fir Lake, a town full of overalls, cows, and mountains. In other words, Katie's worst nightmare. While Katie suffers through shopping withdrawal, Michaela transforms into a small town social firefly, flirting with the hot quarterback and soaking up nature with her new hick-town friends. As in, people who think comping is fun. Does Katie even know her sister anymore? And after Michaela hides a jaw-dropping secret from her, does Katie even want to?

My thoughts:
I thought this book was AMAZING!! I love sister-sister relationships, and I like to see how two sisters, with an iron-bonded closeness, defeat the enemies that try to break it and become closer than ever! Michaela and Katie are realistic and sweet, and totally normal. Easy to relate to. It's recommended to everyone!

3 thoughts:

  1. Hi. I just found your blog today and I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your review. I'll have to add this book to my wishlist now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I just found your blog as well and I'm totally loving it. Keep it up. I'm now subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you all for your support :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger