The Swan Kingdom

13 October 2009


Title: The Swan Kingdom
Author: Zoe Marriott
Stars: 5
Review by Kirthi
Summary by Book Flap

Shadows have fallen across the beautiful and lush Kingdom. The queen was attacked by an unnatural beast, and the healing skills of her daughter, Alexandra, cannot save her. Too soon the widowed king is spellbound by a frightening stranger- a woman whose eyes reflect no light. In a terrifying moment, all Alexandra knows disappears, including her beloved brothers, leaving her banished to a barren land unlike her own.
Alexandra has more gifts than even she realizes as she is confronted with magic, murder, and the strongest of evil forces. She is unflinchingly brave abd clever as she struggles to reclaum what she knows is rightfully hers.

My thoughts:
Another strong heroine! Fantastically lovable and gorgeously woven character, Alexandra is another wonderful heroine that I love. The romance was sweet, and unlike the original fairy tale version, Alexandra actually spoke and fell in love with her love BEFORE she lost her voice. Some random guy didn't come up to her and ask her to marry him, "Hmm, strange mute maiden, I'll ask her to marry me". Alexandra got to KNOW her guy before going for him. The antagonist was splendid, I hated her with all by guts! That stupid, selfish, ugly villian! 5 stars! I think I give away too many stars and give more credit than I should....but still. 5 stars!!

1 thoughts:

  1. this sounds really good...i hope i remember to pick it up next time im out....

    BTW i love your blog its really cool...heaps of great ideas for new reading material

    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger