Chinese Cinderella

09 October 2009


Title: Chinese Cinderella
Author: Adeline Yen Mah
Stars: 4.1
Reveiw by Kirthi
Summary by back of the book.

A Chinese poverb says "Falling leaves return to their roots". In Chinese Cinderella, Adeline Yen Mah returns to her roots to paint an authentic portrait of twentieth century China as well as to tell the story of her painful childhood and her courage and ultimate triumph over despair.
After her mother dies giving birth to her, Edline's affluent, powerful family considers her bad lcuk. Life does not get any easier when her father remarries. She and her siblings are subjected to their stepmother's disdain, while her half brother and half sister are thoroughly spoiled. Although Adeline wins prizes at school, they are not what she really yearns for--the love and understanding of her family.

My thoughts: The was a terribly true and sad "true story of an unwanted daughter". While reading this book, I cried and felt as if I was Adeline in the story. In her childhood, she was a praised writer (as said in the book) and won many awards. I'm not surprised! Its a great book for all ages.

3 thoughts:

  1. Sounds great! Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have it in my school library! I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my name is afe Punuauga
    my comment about chinese cinderella is that it is a good book I have read book 1 and book 2
    I like it because she has a great immnagation and it was very good.
    When I read the back cover I was dieing to read it so I got it. It took me only 2 days to read each book. so I recommend it to anyone.Bye Bye Love you all.make sure you read it because it is hot.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger