Blue Jasmine

24 September 2009


Title: Blue Jasmine
Author: Kashmira Sheth
Stars: 5
Review by Kirthi
Summary by book flap
....Plus I love the cover!!! so beautiful!....

When twelve-year-old Seema Trivedi moves from her home, a small town in India, to Iowa City U.S.A., she has to say good-bye to the pruple jeweled mango trees and the sweet-smelling jasmine, the monsoon rains, and the bustling market. Most improtant, she must leave behind her cousin and best friend, Raju.
Everything is different in America, where Seema feels like an outsider. At first she doesn't speak the language: and she doesn't know the food, the season, or how to behave in her new classroom, let alone how to handle a bull who has it in for her. But when Seema's grandmother becomes ill back in India, all of that suddenly seems lest important. During a return visit Seema is given a precious gift that helps her understand the meaning of "home" and to realize that it might be possible to bloom in two worlds.

My thoughts:

I love this book. Being indian myself, this book was easy to relate and understand to. In many movies, this always happens, but I never knew how the character felt (magic of books) until now. Seema is so much like me (if I can say so) and it was young, great first novel. It won the Paul Zindel First Novel Award. I highly recommend this to young adults who love realistic fiction.

2 thoughts:

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger