The Summoning

28 August 2009


Title: The Summoning
Author: Kelley Armostrong
Summory: Book Flap
Reveiw by: Kirthi
Stars: 3.5

My name is Chloe Sanders and my life will never be the same again.
All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day I saw my first ghost--and the ghost saw me.
Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't waht it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind the Lyle House...before the skeletons come back to haunt me.

My thoughts:
The cover was what got me reading this book, its dark and intrguiging. When I first picked it up, I thought it was going to be vampires, but turned out to be completly different. Armstrong spun a crazy scary, crooked, twisted story that gave me nightmares (probably because of the fact that I was home alone at 10:00 pm on a Saturday night with it raining outside). The characters are real, reasonable, and charming. I loved them all, yet as I said, some parts were realllllly scary. But this is coming from a girl who's afraid to watch the cheesiest horror movie and refuses to watch Rated R even though she can. Thus the 3.5 stars.
But for those of you who loved haunting scary stories, this is the perfect book!

2 thoughts:

  1. really? that's great! It's a really good book!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger