The Last Olympian

28 July 2009


Title: The Last Olympian
Author: Rick Riordan
Reveiw by: the summary on the book flap and thoughts by Kiki
Stars: 5!!!

I spent almost all night, and most of my morning finishing this! yes!

All year the half bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood her recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows.
While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time. ( The barrier around Manhattan leaves Percy and 40 other demigods on their own with occasional help.)

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-stelling series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birtday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages of the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.


my thoughts: This is the BEST book in the Olmypians series. If you havent' read this book, i advise you NOT to read the following......................


I love how Percy organizes a war party with 40 demingods, the Hunters, and a few other sources, protecting Manhattan. I mean, he's only 16 and you have to get that sense of pride for Percy even though he's a fictional character. I love reading wars, but this one is the best. Every author who creates adventure stories (Almost every) always kills off 'important' characters, and i can almost feel that feeling, that sad gripping feeling, whenever someone dies.
Rick Riordan has a GREAT sense of humor, even in the midst of a terribly dangerous, scary, and dramatic moment, Riordan manages to lighten the mood with humor. I LOVE this book!

5 thoughts:

  1. This is my favorite Percy Jackson book too! I've already reread it around ten times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so am I! i've started to re-read it. Don't you love it when the Hermes cabin wanted to loot and pillage the city? And the arrival of the Party Pony's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I loved those parts. I think my favorite line was one from a battle scene... something like "and the Lord of Time disappeared under a giant blue butt." That was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know! Rick Riordan has a great sense of humor! didn't you love the end where Zues was thanking Posiden and Hades?

    "And a thanks to my brother Posiden for whom it would have been difficult.."
    "i'm sorry what was that?", said Posiden innocently
    "Impossible, to defeat Typhon"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this book was def. the most excellent of the series, and Riordan did an amazing job with the war. In other books wars become too long and sad or too hard to possibly win or just too easy, but his really showed their struggles, their losses, and their successes in a good light. Plus, like you mentioned, he is the champion of doing everything with humor, and that helped : )

    Some of my favorite parts are when Selena led the Ares cabin against the giant monster (sad but epic), when the gods said Annabeth would design the new Olympus, when Dionysus stepped in and told Percy why it would be bad to let the Titans win and admitted that the gods need half-bloods, and when it became clear that Annabeth and Percy belong together.

    Good book. :)

    (p.s. I'll be publishing my post about this book soon, check it out at:
    http://literarylivewire.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/the-last-olympian/)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger