Ophelia a novel by Lisa Klein

31 December 2008


Ophelia is a marvelous re-telling of Shakespeare's tragic romance, Hamlet. I don't like romance, but there isn't that much. The plot and excitement is what I like about, the plot is as thick as a forest of kudzu. Its really tragic near then end, where Ophelia fleds to a convent in France and tries to forget her life. After all she's been through.... its terribly tragic, which is one of the reasons why I don't like Shakespeare's writing. He likes tragedy, and I don't. I'm more of the "Happily Ever After" fairy-tale person, because if the characters aren't happy, then I'm not happy. The ending is somewhat "happy" in a way. You'll just have to read the book to understand what I mean.

Since this is my first time reading about Hamlet, the girl who plays Ophelila on this book cover will always be my picture of Ophelia. If you do a Google Image search on "Ophelia" then you'll get these many illustrations of Ophelia, but none of them are right.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by: I truly love and enjoy reading your comments!

pages All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger